Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Kansas City, MO
Our vision is a society of economically independent individuals who are engaged citizens, contributing to the improvement of their communities. Our mission is to help individuals attain economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success, consistent with the aspirations of our founder, Ewing Marion Kauffman.
In keeping with our founder’s wishes, The Kauffman Foundation focuses our grantmaking and operations on two areas: advancing entrepreneurship, and improving the education of children and youth.
In education, we develop and support programs that prepare children and youth from underserved communities to graduate high school and attain a post secondary education. Our work is concentrated in four main areas:
- Supporting a diverse group of schools in Greater Kansas City that serve as proof points of high academic achievement for low-income children
- Supporting programs and initiatives that attract, develop and retain the best possible talent to work in Greater Kansas City’s education sector
- Supporting a portfolio of outcomes-based career and college readiness programs to help children in Greater Kansas City finish high school and receive a post-secondary education
- Supporting research, evaluation and dissemination of best practices for improving academic achievement in greater Kansas City
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Charter School
- Academie Lafayette Charter School
- KIPP Endeavor Academy
- Leading Educators
- Teach for America
- First Robotics and Project Lead the Way
- Kauffman Scholars, Inc.
- Missouri College Advising Corps
- Kansas City Freedom Schools
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Missouri Public Charter School Association
- National Council on Teacher Quality
- National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Kansas City Area Education Research Consortium